THE UNA IN NORWICH - COMING UP. . .
Friday 19th July 2019
The Friends Meeting House, Upper Goat lane, Norwich
Simon Gorton will talk about
"The Charity HOPE (Helping Other People
Everywhere) and its work in Africa and Asia"
Admission is free.
The talk is from 1.00pm and will last about 30 minutes
followed by questions.
You are welcome to bring a packed lunch any time from 12.30pm.
A donation of £3 is invited for a hot drink and biscuits.
UNA-UK has joined with over 100 experts, activists and business leaders from across the world to launch “Together First”: a new campaign to revive our global governance.
From climate change to cybercrime, we know that the challenges we face cannot be answered by one government, or by a few governments, alone. We know that we need global solutions. And we know that if we – as humanity – are to survive we need a revived global system that works for everyone, everywhere.
Together First will address this head-on, with the first-ever attempt to involve the public and civil society in global governance reform via a public, interactive, multi-stakeholder web portal.
UNA-UK was at the Paris Peace Form to launch the campaign with its "People's veto" action - calling on everyone to cast their veto against bad governance and short-term thinking, and demand better from our world leaders.
New UNA-UK Appointment
UNA-UK's new Outreach and Campaigns Assistant. Is Anneka Patel. She will be working closely with local UNAs to amplify national advocacy efforts at grassroots levels and to build support for the UN at a time when it's so desperately needed.
Latest News from:
Please note that there will be no meeting in August and December. Details of meetings for the coming year will be found on the...
AGM – 20th September
The Branch’s Annual General Meeting will take place at 12.30 on Friday September 20th. at the Friends Meeting House, Upper Goat Lane, Norwich, immediately prior to that day’s Lunchbox Meeting at 1pm. The Annual Report and Accounts for the year ending 31 August 2019 will be available here before the date of the meeting.
Check out our latest blogs and articles:
- UNA-UK’s latest UN briefing on international accountability mechanisms
- Making atrocity prevention a priority - a piece by Laurel Hart, UNA-UK
- Yemen can’t wait: UNA-UK’s joint letter to the UK ambassador Karen Pierce
- UNA-UK’s statement on the violence in Gaza
- British weapons in Yemen: the human cost and the UK’s national interest - Control Arms blog by Ben Donaldson, UNA-UK
email us your email address to us and we will ensure you get our newsletter, UNA-UK newsletters and other information updates.
People across the Philippines have been hit by Typhoon Mangkhut, one of the strongest typhoons to hit the islands since Haiyan in 2013.
While many communities were prepared for the storm, there is an ongoing concern that landslides and flash floods may exacerbate the damage caused by the initial typhoon. Christian Aid is particularly concerned for those communities in more remote mountainous areas who are extremely vulnerable.
Take action for refugees
- Refugees: Preparing for Winter
- UNA-UK is calling on its members and supporters to take action for refugees by participating in Refugee Week's Simple Acts campaign. We believe that if all our supporters commit to just one of these simple acts, it will go a long way towards challenging the stereotypes of refugees that persist in the UK.