Friday 21st September 2018 at 1pm
The Friends Meeting House, Upper Goat lane, Norwich
Anne Aves will talk about
‘John Aves Education Project -
a Ray of Hope in Palestine Today’
This talk will follow the Annual General Meeting beginning at 12.30
Coffee available from 12.15.
UN High Commissioner Appointment
The UN General Assembly has unanimously agreed to appoint Michelle Bachelet as the seventh UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (HCHR) – the UN’s top human rights official.
Michelle has experience at the highest level of government in Chile, at the highest level of administration within the UN system as the first head of UN Women, and of working with civil society under the shadow of oppression.
On 1 September UNA-UK will send her the following resources: reflections from one of her predecessors, Mary Robinson; reflections from a former senior Secretariat official; the hopes and demands of 14 human rights activists from around the world; and the results of our poll.
Latest News from:
AGM – 21st September.
The Branch’s Annual General Meeting will take place at 12.30 on Friday September 21st at the Friends Meeting House, Upper Goat Lane, Norwich, immediately prior to that day’s Lunchbox Meeting at 1pm. Read the Annual Report. The Annual Accounts for the year ending 31 August 2018 will be available here before the date of the meeting.
Please note that there will be no meeting in August. Details of meetings for the coming year will be found on the...
Check out our latest blogs and articles:
- UNA-UK’s latest UN briefing on international accountability mechanisms
- Making atrocity prevention a priority - a piece by Laurel Hart, UNA-UK
- Yemen can’t wait: UNA-UK’s joint letter to the UK ambassador Karen Pierce
- UNA-UK’s statement on the violence in Gaza
- British weapons in Yemen: the human cost and the UK’s national interest - Control Arms blog by Ben Donaldson, UNA-UK
Are you on our mailing list?
email us your email address to us and we will ensure you get our newsletter, UNA-UK newsletters and other information updates.
Take action for refugees
- Refugees: Preparing for Winter
- UNA-UK is calling on its members and supporters to take action for refugees by participating in Refugee Week's Simple Acts campaign. We believe that if all our supporters commit to just one of these simple acts, it will go a long way towards challenging the stereotypes of refugees that persist in the UK.